More precise, better, more economical – nothing less will do. Machine solutions by ACSYS are characterized by maximum exactness, precision and repeatability. Laser digitizing is based on the technology of conoscopic holography and allows the creation of extremely precise digital 3D data of a wide range of very different surfaces, plaster models, dies or actual coins and medals.
The resulting 3D file can be used for production and reproduction and can easily be processed in the CAD software. The advantages of this contact-free method are high speed and small measuring grid distances. Perfect accuracy of 2 µm can be achieved with the replaceable lens system. Conoscopic holography is a patented process and offers the greatest precision and repeatable accuracy over a wide range of applications.
The image on the right shows the design of the ACSYS laser scanner. The laser beam is used for creating a light dot on the object that is to be measured. Part of the light, which is reflected from this light dot, is captured by the sensor's lens and falls on the conoscopic crystal. There the incoming light rays are initially separated into partial rays, before being reunited into the original rays after their exit from the crystal. This creates an interference pattern, which is captured using a CCD sensor and then electronically evaluated.
(If you click on the right-hand image, a larger image with an explanation is opened.)
Efficiency with ACSYS
The functionality of the laser digitizing process at a glance.
- Contact-free digitalization of all surfaces.
- The perfect tool for reproducing "old" coins or medals.
- Maximum resolution of up to 2 µm. - Reverse engineering.
The conoscopic holography is a patented process and offers maximum precision and repeatability within a broad working range. The EAGLE EYE, the core of the EAGLE, is also available as a modular option for the ACSYS laser systems.
1. Laser scan of a plaster model, approx. 20 cm diameter.
2. The scan result of the plaster model on the screen.
3. The highly precise result. Process the details directly in the AC-LASER software.
4. Laser scan of the step chip breaker of a reversible plate, size approx. 10 mm.
5. The scan result of the reversible plate on the screen.
6. Zoom, smoothen, cut, optimize and invert directly in the AC-LASER software by ACSYS: Detail view of the AC-LASER.